Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Finale

Heard the new World Cup song for the first time today, and it's a pile of dog turd. I think I'll know each word in the song by heart before long because I'm going to hear that shit a zillion times more before the World Cup starts, just like the Waka Waka song urgh only God knows how much I hated that song. I still do.

By the way, this is my favourite World Cup song, ever.





Talking about football reminds me that I used to collect all stories and photos of Paolo Maldini when I was growing up. I even made scrapbooks ahahahaha can't remember where I keep all of them though. When he cried when Italy got eliminated in the second round in WC 2002, I cried too :( awwww Kesian la he retired trophy-less from international competitions and then Italy won the very first World Cup without him in the squad sedih gila.

I don't think most people can predict how far Italy will go in WC 2014. I think some of them are inconsistent (Sebastian Giovinco, Thiago Motta, Mario Balotelli come to mind) but I believe the older players have the ability to rise on occasion, as shown in 2006 and 2012. Don't talk to me about 2010, I'm still bitter about that.

Oh and talking about 2002 reminds me of this.




I love Nike World Cup ads. I really can't wait for June.

No comments: