Sunday, April 19, 2009

a fall from grace

when i was growing up, the annual book fair was the most highly-anticipated event in my life. i have to say that even at the age of 23, i still anticipate the book fair. the book fairs have been a part of my life for as long as i can remember that if i were to wrote an autobiography about myself, the book fairs would have a chapter of its own. 

today, i bought another 4 books; "Sixty Lights" by Gail Jones, "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" by Diana Gabaldon (a whopping 1,410 pages!), "Afterwards" by Rachel Seiffert and "i,Lucifer" by Glen Duncan. really. the book is called "i, Lucifer"



how cool is that, huh? and thrifty me only spent RM45 for these 4 books. 

i've started reading "i,Lucifer" and i can't put it down. the plot is very engaging, the words are cynical and everything about the book is devilishly wicked. it tells a story of Lucifer, who is given a chance of redemption by God. using the body of Declan Gunn, Lucifer being Lucifer, of course abuses God's trust. throughout his experience, Lucifer has become more and more humanly and realises that the temptation is too much. it ends with Lucifer returning to hell and Declan Gunn reclaims his body.

actually, i've read only until about the "temptation that Lucifer can't resist" part and i got the end from Wiki. oh, come on, i only got home about 8 hours ago, and i spent 5 hours of it on sleeping. you can't expect me to finish the book in 2 hours (the other one hour was spent on showering, sorting out my bag, sms-ing with friends, and answering a call which lasted to at least 20 minutes). yes, i know. i'm busy at living my idle life.

anyway, "i,Lucifer" will be adapted into a film starring the suave Daniel Craig as Lucifer and Ewan McGregor as Declan Gunn (they're already filming). the movie might not be released in Malaysia but i already set my pirate instinct on alert. 

Daniel Craig as Lucifer? how much hotter can he be?

3 comments:

Ummi said...

Trust you to find those books I've never heard of (my middle name is Ignorant, by the way). Pffft. You know la my kind of book kan.

wani said...

of course la i know. i've been reading your novels for as long as i can remember.

btw, tak tanya pun Ummi beli buku apa ari tu.so, apakah tajuk kelapan-lapan buku tersebut?

Ummi said...

You can check out the books at my blog. I put up the picture there